Sunday, March 28, 2010

The day the music died...

It was Monday morning. I hadn't heard anything about my TA application so I called them. Turns out that my shoe in chances weren't legit; I didn't get an offer. That puts a huge kink in things. I suppose I should not have banked on getting it until it was in my hand. I am going to keep my fingers crossed for the second round, but I dunno.

On a better note, Stephanie may take a job down here, so I could rent my place to her. That will help financially if I end up going to Faytown. Speaking of the F town, V is probably not moving there her fourth year. We had hoped her sis would go to the U of A but she's not and so V is probably going to move back in with her parents for her fourth year. That puts a damper on things, since I was pumped about being with her more often when we both lived in Fayetteville. Quite frankly, last week all my plans got complicated. I have the money to make it for one semester without hurting, but about half way through the second semester, I would really start to feel the pain. Of course, that is assuming my house doesn't sell. Right now there are probably 20 houses for sale in town, so I don't know my odds of selling this place. It's going to be pretty cheap, so that might help. If I could rent it for about a year or two and then sale it, I'd be golden. That's assuming I don't need the money upfront for school. We'll see. I'm just really confused about what I really want. Lockheed treats me well and the pay is decent, I just get so frustrated about my job and this place. I could probably tolerate my job if it were somewhere better or I could probably tolerate this place is my job was better. I just don't know if it's going to be better anywhere. Perhaps corporate America isn't my scene.

I'm lost. I'm confused.

On a lighter note, I shot some guns this weekend and it was AWESOME. This one gun was 25lbs and it nearly knocked me down when other people shot it. When I shot it, it was a rush. We cut trees down. Soooooo sweet.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

lol no guns here in the UK - would love to fire one legally!

Mary from Diet Site said...

Wonderful blog, i recently come to your blog through Google excellent knowledge keep on posting you guys.

Welcome to my blog!

I'm glad you stopped by. If you're not too busy, take a sit and read a little. If you really feel special, leave me a comment. Even a nice "hello" will work.