Saturday, January 01, 2011

Holidays

I am probably the most blessed guy to ever graduate from Caddo Hills, go to the University of Arkansas and work where I work...and yet I'm miserable at times. I had a great time snowboarding. My family is wonderful and I got some great gifts. I am blessed beyond belief with an excellent girlfriend and I have a job. However, I am just not content.

I'm about to go back to work in just a few hours and I'm so dreading it. I posted last time about some of the stuff that I despise about my job and I just keeping asking myself if it will get any better. I have a good friend that loves his job; he constantly tells me he hasn't worked in years because his job is far from work. I don't feel that way currently. There are some days that go really well and I think I have those things documented so I know what I enjoy, but I think more often than not, things go poorly.

I just don't know. It's frustrating because I can't pin down exactly what I could do differently and I don't want to be that guy that is never satisfied; I also don't want to be the guy that is just content with mediocrity.

2 comments:

bubbles said...

I love your writing I also told my writing teacher about you and she also likes it
keep it up

Anonymous said...

I know a guy that once told me, "whatever you are doing, life is what you make it."

I know your job right now may not be your "dream job", but that just means you have to keep searching for it. Make a bucket list. Figure out what you need to be doing to be truly satisfied. Dream, and dream big. You have said it yourself you have already accomplished so much. . . so don't worry about failure. If you are doing what you love there is no way you can fail.

Don't ever give up on dreams. I know you'll figure it out. I'll keep you in my prayers at night. Good luck!

Welcome to my blog!

I'm glad you stopped by. If you're not too busy, take a sit and read a little. If you really feel special, leave me a comment. Even a nice "hello" will work.