Wednesday, January 14, 2009

An update, with graphic pictures

So I went to the Doc's last Monday and apparently I have micro-fractures in my Tibia with a bone contusion somewhere in my knee as well. I am ordered to put zero weight on it until he can xray it again at the end of the month. That's really the news I have. My cuts are healing nicely and since so many people seemed interested in seeing the graphic shots of my leg cut open, I am posting them on here with pictures of my healing leg.

Work has been more than I could ask for. I am on short term disability until at least Feb 2nd at which point I have to decide if I can go in or not. I do so much moving around at work, I don't know if I will be up to it by then, but I am hoping. My biggest fear is all this being held against me in the future. I have plans for a spring break during the beginning of April, so I am hoping I can still use vacation on those days.

Anywho, here are my pictures. I will put the most recent ones first and the pictures of when my leg was cut open and left open last. They're pretty gruesome. The little white things are not drainage hoses, but rather rubber band-like strings actually holding my skin together.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

you call that graphic? show me your knee!!!

greetings from Freddy Rdz.

P.S. don't realy know how to use these blogs :P

Anonymous said...

you call that graphic? show me your knee!!!

greetings from Freddy Rdz.

P.S. don't realy know how to use these blogs :P

Welcome to my blog!

I'm glad you stopped by. If you're not too busy, take a sit and read a little. If you really feel special, leave me a comment. Even a nice "hello" will work.