Friday, July 24, 2009

I love low humidity

I love it, love it, love it! I went to New Mexico on the 13th and did some work out at White Sands Missile Range. For the first few days we didn't get much done, but eventually I had so much to do it was crazy. I even managed to put in some OT while out there. The building we worked in was a large shop and there was 0 air conditioning. One day we recorded a temperature approaching 100 degrees inside. We didn't sweat much, so I was fine with the hotness. On Saturday we went out to see the actual white sands and it was amazing! I posted the pictures on facebook if you want to see them. During the week and a half we were there, I took over 400 pictures. A few of the days it stormed and I got some sweet shots of that. You could seriously see the rain from miles and miles away. The lightning storms were SWEET!

Being out there really opened my eyes to how things are done other places. They didn't have nearly as many rules as we did but they still were safe and got stuff done. We really got close with some of the guys; they were super helpful and continually gave us advice on places to eat. Flying was fun too. Just being in the airport with my company laptop and slacks and polo made me feel super cool.

On to another topic-my life. I have to make some decisions. Camden is really getting to me. It was soooo tough to drive back from LR after we returned from NM. I am thinking that a year from now I may go back to Fayetteville and enroll in a master's degree program in mechanical engineering. I'm just not sure I can make it another year in Camden. Work isn't that bad, but living in that excuse for a town really gets to me. There's just not a large number of college graduates for me to hang out with. I have some great friends at church and even at work but that number is quite small. Work is much more miss than hit and that wears on me. It's hard to get up at 5am when you don't like your work.

I'll just have to wait and see. I know Vanessa really wants to stay in Arkansas, but I just don't see a lot of companies here that I would be interested in. I'm really wondering from time to time if work is even for me. I like the cutting edge stuff in college and learning new stuff all the time. I just don't know what would be the best fit for me. It's really frustrating, but I suppose I just need to let God have control.

1 comment:

Kara Moore said...

Get your masters and teach ME at a univ.

I could totally see you doing that.

kara

Welcome to my blog!

I'm glad you stopped by. If you're not too busy, take a sit and read a little. If you really feel special, leave me a comment. Even a nice "hello" will work.