Monday, January 23, 2012

I'm going to the big D

So I'm here! It's great so far. Work is still work, but right now I don't have much going on since I am so new. I am trying to hit the ground running, but Engineering Week is looming and I'm nervous about that. I am in charge of engineers visiting local schools and it's been an adventure to schedule it all. It's nice to be here with my scheduling partner though; he's a nice sanity check. Once I get that all set up and ready, prepare a presentation for the classes and then set up my experiment (the real kicker now), I will have that gorilla off my back. I don't know why I get so stressed over this stuff, but I just want it to go smoothly.

The move went fairly well. I'm chillin in the Holiday Inn right now (really it's some residency place), but I have 60 days and I'll be moving into an apartment and then a house! That's assuming my place sells soon. And let's hope it does. Cut those strings holding me back to Camden.

Anywho, work starts at 7-8 every day and that's super nice. I plan on being there around 730 most mornings, starting with a workout at 6, breakfast at 630, shower and head in to the mix. So far the only negative thing I've noticed (beside traffic, which really isn't that bad) is the fact that WalMart is crazy packed. I've been twice now and both times the lines have been five or six people deep. However, I'm starting on a fresh leg and I'm not going to let this bother me. Not going to let much bother me, if I can prevent it. And with that, I'm off to bed.

I hope that tomorrow is a wonderful day for you, if not, make it one!

No comments:

Welcome to my blog!

I'm glad you stopped by. If you're not too busy, take a sit and read a little. If you really feel special, leave me a comment. Even a nice "hello" will work.