Sunday, July 20, 2008

what?! A house...

So it's almost official! I placed an offer on a house here in Camden and the counteroffer came back asking for just a bit more. It's super exciting! The place needs a little bit of work, but overall it's pretty sweet. I will post pictures eventually, once it's mine.

So V met up with me this weekend and we chilled in Little Rock Thursday and Friday. We got up early on Friday and went to see The Dark Knight. I mean super early! There were quite a few people, but not as many as I would've figured on opening day. The movie was so cool. I was grinning the entire time. Heath Ledger played a great, crazy joker. I don't know if he deserves an Oscar, but he did a great job. The movie had a good plot and the action sequences were soooooo sweet. The batmobile was as cool as ever and the other new toys were neat too. Like I said, I was grinning the whole time. Since I'm not sure who reads this, I will quit talking about the movie before I give it away.

Work's getting better. I've been staying busy and that helps. I'm also working a lot with some other engineers, including some young new hires. Right now I am doing some IE stuff, but I enjoy it and get to apply my mechanical mind to it. This weekend we're getting together and having a cook out at the river with most of the co-ops and new hires. I think it'll be a great chance to get to know the people my age and make some good connections. Friday night we'll head up to Faytown and load up the remainder of my stuff. It'll be bittersweet, but I suppose it's time to do what needs to be done. Goodbye Faytown, hello Camden.

No comments:

Welcome to my blog!

I'm glad you stopped by. If you're not too busy, take a sit and read a little. If you really feel special, leave me a comment. Even a nice "hello" will work.