Friday, December 18, 2009

Day 11, time to start over

Well I didn't make it. I ended up going about three days without a soda (that I can remember) before I broke down and drank some more. I had surgery a week ago to repair my PCL and that was a trip. The surgery was supposed to last 1 hour but took closer to three or so. All I remember was waking up in pain and telling them to increase the meds. Then I hear a nurse saying "we can't use that anymore, he's maxed out. Let's try XXXX." I rode home, in and out of sleep and then woke up at home on the couch. V showed up shortly after and was a great comfort. She took care of me until she left on Tuesday. =( I am still sad. She slept in Cory's room and every morning I would crutch into the room and snuggle up next to her. She is so cute in the mornings.

So my leg is straight and in a brace that keeps it that way. I can "walk" on it about as much as a zombie "walks". It will hold weight without pain but generally hurts after I get off of it again. I take showers every two days and get to take the wrap off. My knee looks like it was crushed. It is black, blue, brown, purple and yellow. I have a few slits in it with sterile strips on them. I can't take those off, even though they itch and such. Overall, it's not too bad. I am really getting antsy (?) because I can't bend my knee.

Enough about the knee. I finished my class with an A. With seven of my ten classes finished, I have a...hold your breath....wait for it...4.0GPA!!! I am taking next semester off, but seriously thinking about finishing up before I go back to Faytown. If I save my butt off (even more than I already do) I could afford to pay for the classes. The question is, do I want to do them and pay for it when I could possibly take them for free when I go back? Hm...a dilemma indeed.

V and I are doing good. I bought the biggest Christmas present ever this year; I got her some 5/8ct diamond earrings. I think she liked them, but I am not 100% sure. She's hard to read, you know? I also got her the new Harry Potter movie and my mom, being the awesome gift giver she is, gave her some other goodies. She is going shopping for my presents this weekend, but really I would rather her put that money in her gas tank and come see me again. That would be GREAT!!! It's weird, when we're together we get along great. We argue very little and have a great time. When we're apart, we become different people or something. We both become insecure or something and pick each other apart.

Okay, well I am off to hook up the xbox to the surround sound and do some gaming. Since class ended, I am out of things I have to do. I need to start reading, but geez...I just don't like to read. A character flaw...indeed.

Merry Christmas and happy holidays!

No comments:

Welcome to my blog!

I'm glad you stopped by. If you're not too busy, take a sit and read a little. If you really feel special, leave me a comment. Even a nice "hello" will work.