Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Christmas break

Well I can walk, with a brace, straightlegged. Woohoo. Tomorrow I might get to start walking with my leg bent. That's exciting. More exciting is that I am going to see V in just a few days. Great! I will have to skip therapy for a week, but I will be doing some home exercises, so it should be all good. I was supposed to start back work the 11th, but the doctor thinks February would be better. I feel bad for missing so much, but I guess if I can and it's coming down to my own personal health, I can do it. Whatever the doc says....

My sister and I have been hanging out a lot. She had some games this week and did really well. She had a double double yesterday and did well today too. Anywho, on to the reason I am posting. So my sister has a boyfriend (or friend as she says) that seems pretty worthless. I don't witness much of anything so I can't say with 100% certainty he is a jerk, but based on what I am hearing about him, she needs to lose him. He never comes to watch her play basketball, he's extremely possessive, etc. I talked to her about it today and told her I gave her a hard time about him because I wanted a good guy for her and she got mad and now won't talk to me. She needs to understand that people on the outside looking in can see many things that she is jaded to. Hopefully once she goes to college she'll find a better guy. If she goes to Tech, Cory will make sure of it. He doesn't like the guy either. We'll see; it is her life so I will let her make the mistakes.

Christmas went well. I got an iPod touch which is great to traveling and browsing the web. It's a good backup for my full size iPod; I think I will only put the music I really like on the touch, instead of using it as a mobile music library. I also got a bag for my xbox (I bought) and a game or two. Mom always makes these goodie boxes which are full of a smorgusborg of stuff ranging from shampoo to poptarts to razors. It's one of my favorite gifts. I also got a nice new George Foreman grill, which I really needed. Good times. I am really blessed beyond what I deserve. I will get V's gifts next week and hers are always great, so I am looking forward to that too. I could actually afford gifts for everyone this year and planned ahead to have all the stuff in before my surgery. Everyone seemed to like their stuff, which is good.

Okay, time to watch some more NCAA bowls and play xbox. Life is hard. =)

No comments:

Welcome to my blog!

I'm glad you stopped by. If you're not too busy, take a sit and read a little. If you really feel special, leave me a comment. Even a nice "hello" will work.