Tuesday, February 02, 2010

Still no work...

Well the intentions were there, but the paperwork wasn't. I went back in yesterday morning and put in a few hours of time before I had to leave. My doctor didn't fax in an official return to work paper and so I couldn't work. I did manage to get all my emails caught up and looked around the place. Now I am chilling at the house all day until the forms come in, which I suspect won't happen until I see the doctor on Friday. Fun times!

I've been playing Xbox Live in the meantime. V got me Modern Warfare 2 for xmas and I have been putting in some major hours on that. It's quite addicting. I have been trying to do other things like clean house, rearrange my room, order cable for the house, work on the car and buy a new TV, but I always end up back in front of the TV.

Good times!

As soon as I got back, I got that feeling again. It's almost a depression type feeling I think. I am not sure what it is, but I just feel lonely here. Perhaps I am lonely, but I just don't know what it is. I didn't feel this way in college, or at least I don't remember feeling this way. I think in college I filled all my free time in with people and that is something that doesn't happen here. I guess that's why God invented marriage. It's weird, though, because I keep trying not to candycoat college and Fayetteville, but I always come back to Fayetteville being the best place on earth. Speaking of, I sent in my TA forms last week. Hopefully they come back with good news. I won't say I am in full on "leave" mode, but I can sense myself getting there. I am saving money as much as possible and only making big purchases that I will use/need there.

Back to that lonely feeling. I am trying to think of cool stuff to do with the locals but it always comes back to just chilling at someone'e house. I think I am going to get a big TV and start having movie/game/food nights here. I think it'll be good for my soul and a great way to let the co-ops at work experience the out of office stuff we do. I don't remember feeling lonely like this when I worked in Joplin, maybe that was because I went golfing every day. Who knows? Regardless, I don't feel that way AT ALL when I am with V or out with the guys. I guess I am just a social addict.

If it happens...201 days!

2 comments:

rainshine said...

Random 'next blogging' and stumbled on yours. Thanks for reminding me of one of the finest books I've ever read. Lost my treasured copy of The Once and Future King some years ago moving house and, with the arrival of our kids and sundry other wonderful distractions, had completely forgotten about it. I'm straight onto Amazon when I finish typing this. Yours gratefully.

Anonymous said...

I was just blog surfing and came across yours and found it a great read. Keep up the great work and if you have time check out mine. Thanks again! http://the-cm-universe.blogspot.com/

Welcome to my blog!

I'm glad you stopped by. If you're not too busy, take a sit and read a little. If you really feel special, leave me a comment. Even a nice "hello" will work.