Sunday, March 27, 2011

Really?!?!

The weekend was going well; I got to play some xbox, didn't have to drive all the way to Magtown to go to church this morning, got some lunch with some of my favorite Riders for Christ and I got to play basketball. Then it dawned on me: "real life" begins again tomorrow.

It's amazing how frustrated I get about work. I'm really torn right now because I feel like I have always given my 110%, got a Masters degree while starting up a new program and constantly try to find new ways to get young people involved at work, yet I can't get a promotion. I just switched to a vastly understaffed program and I have been working my tail off. I hit the ground running and have been trying to keep a positive attitude even though most of the MEs are anything but. I am keeping my responsibilities with e-week, which keeps me super busy, and still trying to learn as much as possible. I just don't understand. It's not the money bonus (although that would be nice) but rather the appreciation and respect that would come with the bump. My friend, who started the exact day as myself, got a promotion last summer and he doesn't even have a masters degree. If I did something to screw up, I just want to know exactly what I did so I can figure out if it was worth it.

Whatever. I'm sick of being upset and so I suppose I should adjust my attitude. That's what leaders do, right? Keep me at my "cloutless" level 1 engineer and I'll keep working my tail off. That way, when I grow up, I might get to move to a level 2. Woohoo! My enthusiasm for work is ever growing.

No comments:

Welcome to my blog!

I'm glad you stopped by. If you're not too busy, take a sit and read a little. If you really feel special, leave me a comment. Even a nice "hello" will work.