Monday, March 07, 2011

What a day!

So much has happened since I last posted on here. For one, I have a new significant other. My last girl just didn't work out; I'm sad things did not go better, but I know that God puts everyone in our lives for a reason and I am glad I got the chance to know V. I hope our paths cross again someday. My new significant other, which I will refer to as KT, is cool. She's an ag major (a little different), fairly athletic, smart, witty and extremely kindhearted. She might just be one of the nicest people I know. It is pretty exciting to be in the starting stage again, but, as usual, I have the common worries of throwing my heart out again to another person. She does seem to be the real deal, but I don't want to throw that label out there just yet; there are still things that need to develop before I can make any sort of outlook. However, I will say this: I think I might have finally found a girl (since I've been seriously dating) that likes me as much as I like her. That's extremely exciting and something I just absolutely adore about her. We'll see.

Enough about all that. I got transferred to another program at work last week. I had spoken with a manager about switching over to help my career a little bit. I am now on a mostly automated program that makes other products that seem much more advanced than the truck. However, they make about 800 times more product than my first line. I have to be at work at 6 (no slacking) and I really don't like that. If I could just come in a little later (7 or 8) I think I would be so much more productive and a better employee; I just don't like going to bed early. All weekend, I stay up until midnight or better, but then I have to get used to going to bed at 8 or 9. Ugh. Beat me with a stick. However, with gas doing like it is, I am glad to have a job.

While life is going very well for me, I must admit I am struggling in many areas right now. First, I just can't seem to get my attitude right. Whether it is dealing with work or just other people, I seem to take the wrong mindset. At work, I see people just being unethical and I can't get over it. It's just so blatant and no one seems to care. On a personal level, I just need to start seeing people like we all are- flawed. I can't really get into it on here; it's just too hard to explain but basically I keep getting mad because I try to do nice things for people (genuinely because I really want to) but don't get appreciated for it. It's selfish and not the way to see things, so I am pretty ashamed of it. However, I am going to start trying to hold onto the original reason I do things for people and forget about whether or not I get thanks for it. Finally, the area I am really bothered by is my weight. I just can't seem to get it under control. It's hovering around 195 and I need to be around 170 or so. I am trying to eat a little better, but it just seems the healthier I eat, the hungrier I am. I had one soda today and I am limiting myself to that (less if I can). I also had an orange, sandwich and small salad for lunch. Within an hour, I was starving. I have found that oatmeal works best for breakfast; I typically don't get hungry again for a while.

Whatever, I am sure I will figure something out. I am heading on a big trip in a few weeks. I am going to work in a soup kitchen and food pantry in Chicago. I'm super excited and hope I really get to do some good work.

No comments:

Welcome to my blog!

I'm glad you stopped by. If you're not too busy, take a sit and read a little. If you really feel special, leave me a comment. Even a nice "hello" will work.