Saturday, June 18, 2011

Halfway there

My parents came into town this weekend and we built a porch. My mom and sister helped clean the up the yard and dad, Cory and I built the porch. I still have a few hours of work left but I should be able to finish up soon. I think I will take tomorrow off (after worship service) and go to the range and send some lead down the way. I enjoy going to Magnolia and seeing my college buds. They are still in college and have some learning to do, but they are open to advice and help keep me young. I enjoy their antics (nerf wars, bowling, etc) and think they are all very unique kiddos.

Life is going so fast right now. I am moving out in about 185 days, which means I am almost there. It is nice knowing when I will be moving/transferring/etc but at the same time, I am just dying to get away. This town never grew on me like I thought it would. I had hoped with all the forests and such there would be ample opportunity to get out and enjoy it. However, when it's nice, the mosquitos are alive and well and then when it isn't nice, I don't want to be out. I'm really surprised there aren't more big parks with trails and stuff. Oh well. I have met some great people and I am glad for that. I have had a chance to save up money and should come out pretty well ahead when I leave here. I hope Dallas doesn't break that up. We'll see though.

Have I told you about my new health goals? I run a couple days a week in the morning and then I am watching what I eat. Since I've started, I have dropped about 10 pounds. Just 15 or so left to go. Plus I do pushups every day and work my abs a little. The ab workout isn't official, but I have to do 50 pushups a day, which is really doing a good number on my arms. I like the results and hope I can keep it up. It is tough to pass up good food so often, but I am getting better at it.

Being single has shown me just how blessed I am in the area of female friends (and males to some extent). I have started talking to Libby Weiler again, which is always fun. She is at an interesting point in her life and I like to listen to her optimism. V is there for me, as always and I really can't find a way to show her just how awesome her encouragement is to me. Really, both of them have been a real pick me up on bad days and I am lucky to still have them around, even with my jerk actions sometimes. Jonnie P, as usual, is there to support me, even with his crazy problems in his own life. He is risking being without a job right now waiting on the perfect opportunity and I am proud of him for that. Plus he has a serious girl interest in his life and I enjoy helping him with advice. His constant advice is not always asked for, but always welcome. I have gone against his advice once and it turned out okay, but I still consider his every pointer he has for me. One of the good things God blessed me with by coming to Camden: I got to meet one of my best and most trusted friends.

Anywho, life is good, God is great and everything we experience happens for a reason. If you can't figure out why, don't worry about it, it will become apparent when the time is right. Sweet dreams.

No comments:

Welcome to my blog!

I'm glad you stopped by. If you're not too busy, take a sit and read a little. If you really feel special, leave me a comment. Even a nice "hello" will work.