Wednesday, June 01, 2011

Patience is a virtue

Wow these past couple of weeks have been a real challenge for me. Work has been super tough and my weekends have been super packed. Three weekends ago, I drove in from Dallas, then to Little Rock and biked a couple of hard miles. The weekend after that, I drove to Faytown (where I biked at least 30 miles) and then up into SW Missouri for a wedding. Last weekend, I went to Mobile and hit the beaches (not quite as challenging as other weekends).

Most challenging of all has been the challenge I've taken with my patience. The Dallas trip resulted in a job offer (which I accepted) and so now I have to wait until Jan to start working in Dallas. WOOHOO! Super pumped about that, but I have to finish up strong here in Camden. I'll survive, but it is tough.

The weekend in Faytown was tough because I had to let God show me patience with my relationships and let Him point me in the right direction. I am always so impatient, but I am going to let Him direct me. The same goes with last weekend in Mobile. I have lots of ideas about what God wants for me, signals that I get and such, but I am just so friggin impatient. I want answers NOW. However, I am praying and meditating and relaxing so that I can see the path in due time. It is tough, but I want to make sure I take the right plunges when I need to do so. I slipped up, in different ways, both weekends by trying to rush stuff (and I guess I sorta am doing that now) but I am dedicating my spirit to being patient. All things come to those that wait...or something.

The beach last weekend was excellent. I got a bad burn on Saturday, but I braved the sun on Sunday and did it all again. The burn is fading away now and I looking a little darker for it. I wish I could have just spent a few more days in the sand doing nothing but reading. I got to see an old friend of mine from the Arkansas Governor's School days, which is always fun. Anywho, that was that. I ate lots of good food and covered lots of long miles. The trip was worth it for the beach and rekindling of a friendship that will be in Dallas when I step into that foreign land in January.

Well I think that is all for me. I am going to get into serious overdrive at some point and remodel this house a little more. We will see how that goes.

I hope God blesses you today and if not, I hope you can see the blessings in disguise out there for you.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm not sure why I always check your blog every couple of weeks, but I always find something in it that makes me smile. I'm glad things are working out/looking up for you Blair. I hope that Dallas is just what you needed. Thank you for that last sentence, it is just what I needed.

RedWriter said...

Like the comment above I always like to pop by. I have saved you in my favourites as you are always able to bring me calm and perspective. Good luck with your patience ha ha :) xx

Welcome to my blog!

I'm glad you stopped by. If you're not too busy, take a sit and read a little. If you really feel special, leave me a comment. Even a nice "hello" will work.