Saturday, January 19, 2008

School's rolling

So the last first week of classes at the U of A went well. I'm taking some fun classes and I really look forward to most of them. It's funny that one of my easiest classes last semester is my hardest this semester. My Russia history class is amazing. I don't like all the reading, but my professor rocks. She loves to talk about gore and suffering and all sorts of dark Russian things. It's neat too to realize that some of the places I went while in Russia were actually of historical influence. Anywho, my one ME class is okay. It's intro to flight and right now it's just very, very simple review. I have been dazing off in that one. German language and sociology are both pretty fun, but Sociology is definitely the class I look to the most. It's really packed in the Science engineering auditorium, but the teacher is AWESOME. She's a real blast to listen to.

The only thing I'm worried about is my honors research. I don't officially have a topic yet, but I have some good ideas. I'm thinking of joining forces with Joe, but I'd really like to do some car research. Speaking of cars, Robert is going to work an internship with Honda R&D this semester. How cool is that? I'd say it's pretty freaking sweet. I'm going to try to get up there and have a tour.

Spring break is coming up. I need to get reservations and plans and such. I'm thinking Puerto Rico, but I'm not sure. I'll have to discuss it with some people who will carry their weight on planning and such.

On a final note, my grandpa is really bad off. We went to see him in the hospital around Christmas, but he's really bad now. They're saying he might make it through the weekend. I'm not worried about him; I know he's got somewhere better to be. I am worried about mom's family fighting over stuff and especially about mom being able to deal with both her parents being dead. It'd be tough for me and I'm not even emotional. We'll see.

No comments:

Welcome to my blog!

I'm glad you stopped by. If you're not too busy, take a sit and read a little. If you really feel special, leave me a comment. Even a nice "hello" will work.