Saturday, August 02, 2008

Somebody wrote me...a nasty letter...but they didn't sign their name

...I think I know, I know who wrote it. Well I recognize, recognize that hand. It's gettin warm, oh so warm, it's so warm...

Monday-up at 5, Tuesday-up at 5:15, Wednesday-up at 5:20, Thursday-up at 5, Friday-up at 4, Saturday-up at 4:30. This week has been great! At least I got overtime on Friday and went fishing today, so it's not all lost. I took a nap nice today and feel pretty good at 11:15pm. I close on my house this Friday, which I probably won't be present for, since I'm going to be working. I'm going to try to get off this Saturday (assuming we work) and go to LR to help V move in. I'm excited about her getting a nice apartment with a golf course and pool and such. I think I will have that road to Bryant memorized. I'm also excited about my house, although that does tie me to Camden for at least a year or two, while I pay it off. No biggie, just enough time to save up some serious bank! woo hoo!

Work's been picking up, as you can tell. I've been pretty busy with all sorts of issues. Basically everything that goes wrong on the floor now goes through either me or the one other ME. We see tons. I got to work a lot in the test building on Thursday and Friday, which is where they test the truck (go figure!) Those things don't seem like much when they come in, but boy I'd hate to be around when one fires. Since they've been around for a bit, they're not too classified, but I am waiting for that folder to slip onto my desk. I really can't wait until we have upkeep on the field trucks; that's going to be a blast. Hopefully I can check up the ones in England or something. Gotta get my bearings here first.

Went to a seafood buffet tonight and boy was it good! I had catfish, boiled shrimp, fried shrimp, hushpuppies, onion rings, chicken, ribs and...that was it, I think. Oh yeah and an amazing yeast roll. I tell ya, there aren't many clean, nice looking places in town, but that doesn't mean there isn't some awesome food. I've had some of the best catfish in my life since I've been down here. In a few weeks, I'm heading to Monroe, Louisiana to get some good Canjun food. I can't wait!

No comments:

Welcome to my blog!

I'm glad you stopped by. If you're not too busy, take a sit and read a little. If you really feel special, leave me a comment. Even a nice "hello" will work.