Friday, September 25, 2009

Catching up on posts

The irony is that I am here typing this. I hate jealousy. I fight it and keep it away and then one little slip up and it rears its head again. I will fight it. If it means I will be taken advantage of, then so be it. I would rather play naïve than to ever fall into the cycle of guessing and asking questions and being worried. It’s just not worth it with her.

This week has been wild. A guy came in from Dallas and I stayed busy working with him. I’ve also started classes from 3:30-5:30 every Tuesday and Thursday and that is taking a small amount of time out of my week. I have a paper due Friday at 8pm, a test due by Saturday at 1pm and I am at V’s house, which doesn’t have ready access to the internet. I stayed at work Thursday until 7:45 and got home at 9ish. I stayed up late studying for my test and then took it Friday morning. It was a breeze. I then worked on my paper while on the road to V’s house and I submitted it at her dad’s office. It sucked. I worked on it all week and just could not get anything running.

I’ve got so much going right now it almost makes me sick. V has really been the light in the tunnel for me and even she sometimes worries me. I feel almost pathetic that I rely so much on her being around to make me happy. That and geocaching, which here lately has been rather lame. I can’t believe I even put her and geocaching in the same sentence. She hates it because she doesn’t understand that is what keeps me sane in Camden, when I have time to drift into being insane.
I am in Houston all week for training on a subject I actually enjoy: engineering design with pro-e. Fun times. I plan on catching up in my classes and doing a little bit of caching in a few of the nearby parks. Mostly just enjoying not being in Camden at work. 6am start day is starting to get real, real old.

I am super pumped about this weekend with V. We’re at her parents’ house and she’s always a lot more energetic and happy when she is here. It’s worth making a serious effort to stay in Arkansas to get chances to bring her home. We shall see. This place also has a bad vibe due to some other stuff, but I am repressing that; it’s not worth worrying/thinking about. I’m with her and I’m happy.

EDIT: September 27th.
I made it through the weekend and had a good time. I got my class stuff taken care of first thing and then enjoyed just hanging out with V and her family. They are so much fun. Her dad tells the best stories ever and it's funny seeing her dad and mom playfully jab each other. Makes me laugh just thinking about it. We all went to a wedding that was like 2 hours away and I was laughing (inside most of the time) almost the whole way there and back. The wedding was really sad. The whole ceremony only last five minutes and it was not set up real well. I felt sorry for the bride and groom, but maybe that is what they wanted. Who knows? I know they had some good food at the reception. Chocolate covered strawberries...yum.

Had some good catfish later too. Her parents take me out to eat almost every time I see them and I feel bad sometimes. I think I will send them a thank you card and some gift cards. Note to self: don't forget to do that. Spreaking of food, her mom cooked me something for almost every meal and man it was goooooood home cooking. They always eat well when I am there.

Being in the town that was so infamous to me was a challenge from time to time. Every place we went I wondered who... I repressed some thoughts going through my head and feel better for not bringing them up. If you're reading this, I am sorry for bringing up the stuff that I did and I am doing all I can to not ask questions. I know you're now dedicated...or committed... (That was a crazy joke.) I struggled with this same stuff with Megan and I feel stronger for surviving that. I am going to fight myself all the way to the end, whichever end that is.

Because of love.

No comments:

Welcome to my blog!

I'm glad you stopped by. If you're not too busy, take a sit and read a little. If you really feel special, leave me a comment. Even a nice "hello" will work.