Tuesday, September 01, 2009

I don't have time

I really don't have time to post, but since I need a shower and Chuck is in the bathroom, I will post an update on my life.

Work is going okay. I got in a little trouble for stating my opinion on a few things and standing up to some norms that are needing to be updated. It was not anything real serious, but enough to get to me. It's funny because I was slapped on the wrist for "having a problem with authority" which is funny because none of my managers, leads or co-workers have ever lead on to such a claim. Whatever; I know who it is saying these things and this group is very, very powerful so I will have to be careful.

Enough about that. I got assigned to a new special project, officially. I had been doing a lot of other work before but now I am really crazy busy. The good part is that I don't have to work on the production floor as much, which makes me happy. I spend quite a bit more time communicating with some pretty high up managers and today I even got to present some of my work to a director from Dallas. Woohoo! All my project work has been on paper until today; I got to see my canvas today and I will be getting to work really, really hard soon. That means, however, that I had to sacrifice my Boston trip. I am working on a trip to Phoenix now, but that is looking pretty remote too. As a last resort, I may be in Texas some where (probably Temple). Texas as a last resort, that's pretty good.

I am still trying to decide what my problem is. I just feel like this isn't the place for me, but I worry I might just always think the grass is greener on the other side and never find that grass. Most people who work here seem to be discontent, but no one ever does anything. I have one friend who is quite smart and he has worked at a few places and he loves it here. I am still trying to figure out what he loves- the company or the plant.

But anywho, I have really been looking at my options lately and I just don't know what I am going to do. I have talked to most of close family and some close friends at work and they seem to be split. I know one thing: I dislike very heavily Camden. However, there are some good opportunities here with people I don't want to hack off by going back to school. I can't really go to Dallas because then my relationship with V will really suffer (1.75 hours is too far, let alone 5). She's one of the few things I have left that can really make me smile.

No comments:

Welcome to my blog!

I'm glad you stopped by. If you're not too busy, take a sit and read a little. If you really feel special, leave me a comment. Even a nice "hello" will work.