Wednesday, September 30, 2009

My brain is oozing out of my ears

College is way different when you are working and doing it. It was actually pretty tough when I was there, but being there is soooo much better than where I am now. These online classes, as easy as they are, are killing me. I have a paper or a test every week and the papers are sooo hard to get motivated for since I care very little about management. I am writing a paper now that is supposed to be a proposal to a local service provider about how to increase profits. I'm typing it on a local "gym". I put that in quotes because the place is a joke. The gym here in the hotel is better than that one and we've only got four machines here.

Okay enough negativity. Houston is rocking my socks off. Obviously I am not truly experiencing the town since I don't commute in, but what I am experiencing is AWESOME. I've seen Z06s, M3s, Supras, and on and on. Plus the office is really nice and professional. Free snacks, drinks, etc for the class and the building is a nice six story glass officeplace. Love it! Traffic is annoying at times, but the chaos is predictable and I only drive about 2 miles to training. Oh yeah, I'm here for training. It's going really well. Our teacher seems real smart and she's young and trendy, which is a nice change. I sit next to this old guy names Craig and we have a lot of good laughs in class. He's way behind and so he always gives me a hard time about being so fast. It's funny.

Did I mention that I've eaten foreign food for almost every meal? I've had sushi twice, Thai food yesterday, Italian on Monday night and Fudruckers (which is foreign to S. Arkansas) on Monday for lunch. GREAT GREAT GREAT! Tomorrow I'll probably get some BBQ or maybe Mexican (on my hour lunch) and then some Bdubs for dinner!!!! WOOHOO!!! Did I mention I am loving being here? I guess I am glad I don't live here because I would be broke. I show up to work at 8:45 and leave a little after 5. It's wonderful!

Then the first person I get to see when I step foot in Arkansas is...Vanessa!!! All this positive thinking is making me giddy. Okay, time for a shower and then I'll get up at 7ish, eat, work out and drive into work. Good, good times.

Oh wait...my classes.

No comments:

Welcome to my blog!

I'm glad you stopped by. If you're not too busy, take a sit and read a little. If you really feel special, leave me a comment. Even a nice "hello" will work.