Saturday, July 14, 2007

Golf anyone?

So I've played golf four times this week. I am getting better and today I hit par on a hole or two. My dad and sister came into town this weekend and we've been having a blast. Yesterday we went to the driving range and hit a million golf balls and then I cooked them an awesome meal of green bean rolls, sweet-n-sour chicken and some crazy good rolls. This morning we teed off at 1030 and played 9 holes. I did really well, but still got beat by dad by 2 strokes. I caught him at his worst, he's breaking in some new clubs. We then ate at Arby's, hit some thrift stores (where I almost bought some super awesome jacket with lots of wool and stuff, kinda like Vin Diesel's jacket in XXX but shorter and tan), and then saw Transformers. I'm okay admitting I'm a super nerd, so I'll say that movie rocked my socks off. The CG was superb, the acting decent and lots of sweet eye candy (the robots, of course). BTW, there's a certain girl out there who likes the new Camaro and I want to say I'm sorry if I ever doubted your tastes in cars; the Camaro is AMAZING! I'm buying one, but only if they come out as wide as the one in the movie.

Okay, so catching up on a few other things. Mom's in Peru, and there are strikers everywhere catching places in fire and trying to stop the trains and such. V's recovering nicely from her surgery and getting around quite a bit. She could even grace me with her presence next weekend, we'll see. Work's going okay. I start a huge grunt job this weekend. I've got to organize some files and parts and such. And there are a ton of them!

Time to go for a run. I've been playing a lot of golf lately, instead of running and I think I need to do a bit to get my heart racing some. (As if the movie wasn't enough.) Have a great week.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've been wanting to play a round for a long time now and the one day my dad wants to go, yesterday, I was sick and didn't feel like going. It made me mad. I hope your getting awesome. :) Can't wait to hang out....sometime....

K

Welcome to my blog!

I'm glad you stopped by. If you're not too busy, take a sit and read a little. If you really feel special, leave me a comment. Even a nice "hello" will work.