Sunday, July 22, 2007

What a surprise...

This weekend was pretty nice. V and I went to this sweet little Japanese steak house and had the guy cook right in front of us. I ate some great sushi and some shrimp. Then we saw "license to wed". It was pretty funny, mainly because I could see myself reacting in a lot of the same ways as the main characters. Robin Williams was prett funny too. That was Saturday. Friday we watched "Shooter", which I was pleasantly surprised with. It had some sweet action scenes and awesome shooting. Saturday we watched "Premonition" cooked and then watched "Smokin Aces". Both were good. Smoking Aces was crazy; within 30 minutes 7 or 8 people had died, some of them who appeared to be main characters. Once again some great action scenes and shooting. Premonition was a "say what?!?" movie. V and I were discussing what was happening during the whole thing. It was neat to think about some of the stuff going on and wonder how it would turn out. Today we went to my church. It was so funny because I helped with the Lord's Supper and the preacher praised me for a few minutes, so I think I really impressed Vanessa with my involvement there. They're an amazing group of old people and so, so nice. There was a line waiting to meet Vanessa and to talk to me. She dressed perfectly for the conservative nature of the church, but at the same time looked amazing.
Vanessa and I talked alot about our spiritual growth. We're growing so close together and minus a few setbacks, we're doing great. We're talking more about our past and our future and especially our spiritual nature. I think that we're going to set up a Bible study for at least twice a week next semester. We pray before every meal and most every night. I fall so in love with her when I hear her pray. It's amazing the people God blesses us with, especially our exes, who we learn so much from. I can't believe how well God's plan always turns out.
So work's been rough this week. I'm working in a large, hot building filing away some old work orders and such and trying to keep from having everything I wear stick to me. It's not been too bad, but the other intern is rather lazy at times and I feel like I'm doing all the work. Oh well, I guess. I can do most of it better and quicker by myself. All in all, though, I'm learning a lot about the work life and seeing just how little from class you actually use. Yeah it's fun to throw out big words and talk about novel new ideas with the other engineers, but mostly you just have to know how to think your way through the problems. Simple enough.
That's it for me. I've got a busy summer for the remainder. Going to Joe's next weekend to work on CP stuff and then going to Dallas the next weekend to shop and go to a leadership conference at UTArlington. I'm going to buy one of those cool metal, magnetic longhorns for my car! Hook em baby!!!

No comments:

Welcome to my blog!

I'm glad you stopped by. If you're not too busy, take a sit and read a little. If you really feel special, leave me a comment. Even a nice "hello" will work.