Sunday, July 29, 2007

wow, that was fun

So I went to Joe's this weekend. It was cool; he's got a really nice place. We sat around, worked on our CP project and enjoyed just being lazy. It was nice. I played more pool and fooseball than I've played in the last year. I got pretty good at Joe's amazingly crappy pool table. I could just tap the ball and it would go in the hole, regardless of how far away. We got a great start on our CP project, despite Steven not being there. Then the weekend went downhill fast; I bought books. Not horrible this semester, I've saved a ton by buying online. Close to $90 or so I've saved and that's including a few other books that I got for myself.
This past week was fun. I was in Lean/5S meetings all week and got to meet the CEO/president of EP and also the chairman of the board. He wasn't too nice of a guy, but the CEO was a real cool guy. Probably in his 50's or late 40's, which seemed pretty cool. Dan, one of the other engineers, was gone all week so it was bonding time for me and the other intern. That was interesting. I got to avoid the nice hot snake building for most of the week and, of course, he didn't do much so it's still messy. I'll wrap that up this week, hoping it's not too hot.
I got my list of mentees for this semester. I looked up a few on facebook and even had one kid add me before I got the email. It's fun to think about how I felt when I was going to be a freshman; how excited I was and so eager to get started. The crazy thing is that I still feel that way towards the end of every summer. This summer didn't help much, though, as I saw just how much you don't have to know out in the real world. I'm glad I do know it, regardless, and this weekend really brought that out.
Well I'm heading out for a run, since this week's going to be a tough one. I'm trying to get off work on Friday and next Monday, so I have to really work hard and get my 40 in early this week. I'm thinking 10.5,10.5,10,9 or something like that. I do want to get in some more golf this week, it's almost time to put up the clubs for a little bit. ugh...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I move in on the 17th I think. I really really can't wait. I'm so bored to death of Waldron and just fed up with not being able to see you and all the gang.

STL was amazingly fun. I had a great time. I think I'm a little more tired than I was when I left now that I'm back. hah. Funny how that works.

Hope all is well.

K

Welcome to my blog!

I'm glad you stopped by. If you're not too busy, take a sit and read a little. If you really feel special, leave me a comment. Even a nice "hello" will work.