Monday, May 07, 2007

Two down...

well I just finished another test I needed to ace. It was for LARC, which surprisingly turned out to be a pretty tough class. I think I did well, but I never know. He adds half a letter grade at the end as an incentive for attending all the classes. Now for heat and comm and I will be done...for the day.

I studied all day yesterday and Saturday. I had a final at 730 Saturday and a wedding at 1, but those are the only things I did besides study. I have NEVER studied as much as I am. I feel a little nervous about heat, mainly because I need an 83 to get a B, but not too bad. Comm will be a drop in the hat. Speaking of such things, it amazes me the amount of people who don't have finals or that have easy finals. I hear about people just chilling all week or people who done already for the semester. I wonder what their majors are and sometimes wonder if I should've picked an easier major. Honestly, though, I can't imagine being the one everyone picks on for having an easy major and I can't see myself enjoying anything other than mechanical engineering. It's just a bit frustrating sometimes, which is probably why I stay.

Funny story: Saturday night I was at V's apartment. Well Kristin ate dinner with Ryan and so she came over afterwards. We were all talking and stuff and then Steven showed up with some pizza (I'll pay you eventually, how much do I owe?). So we all talked and ate. Well about an hour later they were both still there. So I went to the bathroom and then stayed in V's room to study some more. Well eventually I worked my way back out to the living room and Vanessa left to study. It was just funny because we were both taking turns entertaining the guests, and neither of us wanted them to leave or make them feel bad. BTW, if Steven or Ryan is reading this, I'm glad you came over. I've never seen a funnier episode of the Soup.

No news from any companies about this summer. I'm a bit bummed out; my resume is impressive and I applied to a million places. I can't understand why I don't have a job. I did get news from this guy, who lives near my house and is working for an oil company making a large sum of money, who is planning on starting his own business doing what he is currently doing for the oil company. Supposedly it is just reading graphs and taking samples of stuff. Might be a prospect for some good experience and money. We'll see. God will provide, right?

Went to UBC Sunday. It was nice, although I felt like I was going to a concert. I don't mind the instrumental music, but I do mind having it drown out the singing and it being front stage. I don't understand why the players, and choir for that matter, have to be in front. I wish it were a pit, like the one at plays and such, that kept them out of view. Otherwise I feel distracted by what they're doing. Another thing I didn't like was the solo singing by the choir. Why can't we all sing together all the time? Okay enough badgering, I really enjoyed the preacher. He took a bit to get into the lesson, but once I figured out where he was going he made some really good points. The church is beautiful and the people were nice. I actually felt moved a few times during singing. It was good and I plan on returning, as long as the instrumental thing doesn't bother me too much.

Time to study for three more finals! I am soooo excited about them. I can't wait to score an 83 on my heat final, and get a B. Then my comm final, score a really high score and get an A. Finally my MED final. If I get a high 90 I can possible pull off an A. Otherwise, put it down in the beautiful B column.

No comments:

Welcome to my blog!

I'm glad you stopped by. If you're not too busy, take a sit and read a little. If you really feel special, leave me a comment. Even a nice "hello" will work.