Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Cabin Crash 2006

This weekend utterly destroyed any notions of fun I had beforehand. It was AMAZING! It started with an excellent drive down some curvy mountain roads with a posse of beautiful cars behind me. We stopped at Fred's in Yellville and acted so dumb. Then we arrived and built a fire and I had an angel jump into my arms and kiss me. We had an excellent meal and then played a game called "dirty minds". After the realization that my team was going to rock all the other teams, we decided to not keep score but just play and laugh and see what happened. The laughter culminated with Chris Deal laughing so hard he was crying and couldn't read the "dirty" clues. It was so good times. We all retired rather early, 2 or so I think. There were barely enough beds, but no one complained. I got to cuddle next to my amazing girlfriend and I knew everyone in the cabin knew there was no foul play going on in our room. It's an amazing thing to crawl into bed with your girlfriend and know that no rumors will be started because everyone knows you well enough to know you're not going to do anything "bad".

Saturday started off rather early, with the early bird Ms. Matty waking me up to cook breakfast for everyone. We had breakfast and then a quick lunch and Megan and I went to Mtn. Home to watch her brother play some basketball. As soon as we got to the gym, her dad took me back to their house to unload some stuff from a trailer. We had a nice chat and I decided I'm really not so afraid of her dad, even though I feel like he's trying to break my hand everytime we shake. After the game, we ran to get some groceries for fajitas. We then met back up with most of the group to watch Saw III. It was much more gory than the others, but still quite good. The end infuriated me, but of course had a nice twist. Then the whole group met up at Meg's new house to eat and watch the Hogs play. The game was close towards the end, which made for a nice suspenseful game. We had some amazing chicken fajitas and cheese dip and great company at the Matty household. Both her mom and dad were extremely nice, no surprise and invited us back anytime we could. We then headed back to the cabin and played some Mafia. That didn't last long, as everyone was tired and we had church the next morning.

Church was something else. Everyone was up and going and we drove down an extremely curvy and wet road to the Caney church of Christ. It was a small church of about 40 or so people, so when we walked in with 9 people, it was interesting. Everyone behaved themselves well and we went back to the cabin for lunch. Around 2 or so everyone started cleaning up and packing. They left around 3. I stayed behind for some alone time with Megan. We cleaned the cabin up and then napped for a bit. I had homework due Monday so I had to leave around 6pm. It could've possibly been the hardest thing I've done in a long, long time. I fought back tears, to no avail and drove off. The ride back was full of thinking and a bit of sadness. It won't be nearly as long until I see her again and I kind of feel like she's finally starting to miss me like I miss her. She's already talking about the next time we see each other. Hopefully we are able to spend lots of time over xmas break together, cause spring semester is going to be SUPER tough with her in Germany. I'm glad I'm making some good relationships with new people to keep me smiling and comforted.

Speaking of new friends, this one isn't too new but a great blessing in my life right now. She's been like a little sister to me since we really met and a few people have noted that she could easily fill the part. Kara Moore and I talk quite often and today we spent about 30 minutes talking about relationships and religion and our Christian paths. She's struggling with stagnation in faith and I feel like I'm on the diving board about to spring at the right opportunity. I recently started praying with Megan more often and we're also carrying on a Bible study of acts right now. I feel so confident in our relationship when I get done discussing the Bible or talking to God with her. My small group Bible study on Thursday night has been a huge blessing. It's growing by the week and I'm very happy to see God working through it. Recently a good friend of mine, Steven, asked me about attenting devo with me on Tuesday nights and getting more involved with church. I hope that this will lead to another spirit revived in Christ. Friends are an amazing thing and I love them all, especially my best friend in the whole, wide world-Megan.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

AW Big Bro! That made my day. :)

Kara

Welcome to my blog!

I'm glad you stopped by. If you're not too busy, take a sit and read a little. If you really feel special, leave me a comment. Even a nice "hello" will work.