Sunday, June 10, 2007

Week one is over

Vanessa loaded the plane for South Africa today. I didn't think it'd be too tough, but it was harder than I thought. So she's on her way now. We had a great weekend. Friday we went to Lokomotion, after cooking some awesome sweet-n-sour chicken. She cheated and beat me in putt putt, but I OWNED her in karting. I didn't realize how awesome the track at Lokomotion is. Geez you can get some serious drifting there. Saturday we ate lunch with her family, which is always a crazy time. Her sister is so attention craving and wild. It's really funny to see how her family deals with each other and especially her sister. Today, at 4:30am the apartment woke up and everyone was busy getting ready. Anywho, Vanessa's headed to Africa now. I'm a little jealous, honestly, but I can't wait to hear her stories when she gets back.

Work last week was crazy. I didn't get a computer until Friday and one of my main goals this summer is to transfer a ton of ICI drawings into CAD drawings. So I finally got my computer on Friday and started work and within an hour, th electricity went out. I lost everything I did on my drawing. Now that I have a computer, I should be able to move along pretty quickly. I've got over 230 drawings to convert to CAD, so I'll be super busy. I'm looking forward to getting paid for all these early days, I've spent quite a bit so far.

My uncle died last Monday night. His funeral is this Monday in LR and I can't go. I feel kinda bad, but there's no way I could miss work for the first full week. Rest in peace uncle Tony.

No comments:

Welcome to my blog!

I'm glad you stopped by. If you're not too busy, take a sit and read a little. If you really feel special, leave me a comment. Even a nice "hello" will work.