Thursday, June 14, 2007

Work week almost over...

So I experienced some funny stuff today. I went to Wednesday night church at this little church nearby. The average age is probably like 65 or something. I honestly only saw 4 people less than say 50 or so. They're really neat though. I like going to the church for some old reason; the music is poor, the preaching isn't anything special and there's no one within 20 years of me, but I like it still. So back to my funny stuff. The preacher asked me last night to say the dismissal prayer Sunday morning. I had planned on going to Joplin's church of Christ, but looks like I'm going here. Second, while I was driving back there were some kids out playing in a yard. Well two kids, probably 5 and 6 or so, were walking across the roof of a parked car. I don't know why, but it was really funny.

V emailed me yesterday. They had to make a slight change of plans due to the 20k or so people on strike in Johannesburg. She was having a great time and sounded like camping was fun. I can't wait to hear her voice, but who knows when that will be.

I'm in a weird mood today. I went to work and sat in on a meeting long enough to get a free lunch. I actually did learn alot and it was really interesting. I worked some on my main project, firing up an induction soldered, and worked more on some CAD drawings I've got to convert. I then came home and watched a movie about the trail of tears and now I'm watching a documentary about fathers. I like it because it reminds me of the movies I used to watch at governor's school. Ah...those were good ol' days.

I'm going to run some more. I have gone out every night this week and it's really peaceful just running along the roads here in loma linda, checking out the nice houses and stuff. I found a cool 1.75 mi route which goes through some woods and along the interstate. It's enjoyable. That and counting some calories has resulted in some decent, but slow, results.

No comments:

Welcome to my blog!

I'm glad you stopped by. If you're not too busy, take a sit and read a little. If you really feel special, leave me a comment. Even a nice "hello" will work.