Sunday, March 04, 2007

I am whatever you say I am...NOT!

I hate style. I absolutely hate it. I am prey to it's always taunting appeal, but I hate it. Some people think they know all about it and I think they don't. I just so happen to think popped collars are dumb, along with guys wearing bright pink shirts. So what if I still wear t-shirts I got in high school, so what if I wear a jacket with fur on it? Abercrombie and Fitch want you to think it's instant coolness if you wear their stuff, but I hate to tell you A&F, in 10 years your stuff will be like duckhead and the people who wear it will be made fun of. I assure you.
I also hate people who cut others down. I won't say hate, how about greatly dislike. I do it sometimes too, but doing it all the time and being known for doing it is sad. I'm sorry you feel like you've got to pump yourself up by cutting others down. It is really hard for me to show you your true worth when you're cutting others down. Oh and while I'm on this. I don't care if Steven Reynolds wears sweats, thick glasses, walks like a gorilla and smells like crap, he is one of the nicest guys I will ever meet. If you think he's contrary to any of that, well then you need to recognize people for the real person inside. Keep laughing about what you like and keep rolling your eyes when he says something off beat, but don't think that it makes you any better than him. For that matter, Blake's the same way. So what if he makes comments that stop a joke or he makes comments that don't make sense. If your transmission ever goes out, he'll gladly come and see what's wrong and help you in ANY way he can. I know he will and I will happily take two friends like that over fifteen who dress cool or act cool or whatever.
Now that that is done, I feel much better. It's been a somewhat eventful weekend. I had this awesome scavenger hunt today. V made it for me and it was pretty cool, that is until Steven and I took it to the extreme and then it became amazingly cool. We had so much fun being totally stupid in every picture we took. Heheh. Thanks for coming along, you made it much more fun. Then we found this other killer clue she left and man it took us all night to figure it out. I finally figured it out once I realized that some numerical operations were ambiguous and didn't matter. Man you calculus level girls. hehe. Just kidding, it was fun for all it was worth and I can't wait to claim my prize.
Man watching the Bourne Supremacy tonight really made me miss foreign language. I wish I could find a way to fit some more of them into my schedule. I really do like Russian and Spanish isn't too bad. If I could just get Russian and German down, I could understand almost all the movie without subtitles. Woo, that'd be super cool. Anywho, I need to brush my teeth, work out and read.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You do know that it's just lighthearted humor when anyone makes fun of you or Steven or anyone in our group for that matter. I've had a talk with who you are talking about...well who I assume you are talking about..and he/she says it's hard for him/her to determine where the line is. He/she doesn't do it to cut others down or make them feel bad...it's just a playful insult kind of friendship. Plus if you'd have gone through all the stuff he/she has in the last 9 months then you would have thin patience as well. Some people have a hard time determining just how to act with certain people. Don't hate them because they are good people as well. He/she is trying to be better about it. You can't change overnight.

Steven is a great guy and when I or anyone else makes fun of him we aren't doing it to REALLY make fun of him...We are just teasing or joking. We know how great of a guy he is so don't think we don't. Other people get made fun of too for different reasons and it's not a big deal to us so why should it be a big deal about him? I don't think I'm any better than anyone even if I do occasionally tease or roll my eyes. Everyone has it done to them so just deal with it. Not everyone is as evil as you think they are.

What was the answer to the puzzle??? I'm intrigued!

I feel the same way about A&F...I even wrote something about it. I don't think style matters that much. It is nice though if someone can dress well occasionally...it's a perk, not a necessity. But sweats and a ratty t-shirt is just fine as well. It's about who the person is anyway not what they dress like.

Sorry...I had a lot of say...

K

Welcome to my blog!

I'm glad you stopped by. If you're not too busy, take a sit and read a little. If you really feel special, leave me a comment. Even a nice "hello" will work.