Sunday, September 10, 2006

Sunday


I think it's interesting how you can basically decide at the beginning of the day whether you will have a good day or a bad day. I woke up this morning and I was still tired, and I thought about skipping church. Well I ended up going, thanks to Jason and I had to sit in the back. So I sat all church in an uncomfortable bench and the preacher talked about meeting new people. I decided I would try it out. I talked to a lady named Judy and the third thing she said to me will forever stay in my mind. She said, "if you ever need ANYTHING, money, food or anything I am here to support you." I barely knew this lady and she said that. I don't know why exactly, but it touched me. I also met her friend Ms. Hooper who is a widow who doesn't remember how long she's live in Fayetteville. She just got a new cell phone, but doesn't know how to use it and doesn't even know her phone number. After I left them, I pointed two or three other RFCS in their direction and Judy didn't say that to anyone else. Just me! That's what church is about ladies and gentlemen. When we step into that building, tent, temple, school building, house, whatever, we meet with family. We all have the same father and that makes us closer than any other sort of relationship.
So after church I foregoed my fasting and decided to eat at some Mexican place with some brothers and sisters of mine and had a lot of good laughs. Now I'm sitting down to do some homework and study and honestly, nothing could ruin my day. I miss Megan soooo much for some reason, but I'm going to do alright. If you read this and have spare 30 seconds say a quick prayer for me to be productive and know God is ALWAYS with me.

No comments:

Welcome to my blog!

I'm glad you stopped by. If you're not too busy, take a sit and read a little. If you really feel special, leave me a comment. Even a nice "hello" will work.