Sunday, February 11, 2007

It's almost time....

I've slept all day and it's been great. Woke up, drove to church, ate in the quad, heated my foot, and took a nap. It was a nice 3 hour nap, which means I'll be up all night. Wooo! Maybe when Jordan's asleep, I can get work done. Doubt it. Church was kinda blah today. Nathan really got into the sermon, which was nice, but it was just a sermon about how we're all freed slaves. Made me feel kinda bad for the things I think and do, knowing that I'm doing it because God sent Jesus here for me. I don't know if I could sacrifice something so big for a bunch of loser people. I mean, I get hacked off about the bathroom here being dirty and want to punch someone in the face. Okay enough of this.

We've been griping about birds for a while. The congregate outside my window and chirp all day. So Jason came in yesterday, and said "man you guys weren't kidding. They are loud." He then yelled, "SHUT UP!!!" They got real quiet for about 10 minutes, but now they're back at it. heheh. Crazy birds. Having the time of their lives. They should've flown south, now we're going to have to kill them all.

Valentine's Day is quickly approaching. What to do, what to do. I always try to come up with all this razzle dazzle stuff to do, but I'm drawing blanks right now. I think I might try the whole random gifts in February approach. I think that's so much better than just some gifts all on one day. Now the question is...who should I gift? I think I might gift some people in other people's names. That could be fun eh? It's weird when, within the circle of friends, people have feelings for one another. Most of them are not hidden, but never are stated out loud. Some are pretty apparent and others a little more reserved. The sad thing is that I know most everyone's stories and most of the relationships aren't going to ever happen unless some one gives. This old couple I know told me about how he proposed to her like four times or something. Finally she said yes. Why did she say yes that fourth time? Did he put on a better show that day? It's something interesting to think about.

I don't know why I posted this. I guess I just wanted to keep you up to date on what is going down in my mind. I'll tell you some things that are going to happen in the future that I can't stop thinking about: moving into an apartment, going to Gulf Shores, racing Vanessa and Jordan and Chris Deal, getting a job this summer, and finally...Wednesday and the mass chaos associated with that lovely day of the year. Wooo. To all you singles out there, don't worry about it. I have been single on that day and most of the years taken and you always feel a something a little less than perfect. For me, I feel bad for the ppl who want so bad to have a Valentine that I can't buy stuff for and let them know I love them. So for those of you who are single, buy something for another person who's single. Get them a box of candy hearts or a hula hoop or a teddy bear and give them a huge hug and smile and say "you're always my Valentine." Or don't. It'll make you feel so good inside and that's what the day is really about.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hoola Hoop. hah. Wonder who that one's for...

K

Welcome to my blog!

I'm glad you stopped by. If you're not too busy, take a sit and read a little. If you really feel special, leave me a comment. Even a nice "hello" will work.