Monday, January 15, 2007

Home, home on the hill

Well I'm back and ready for action. I spent a nice chunk of change on books, but oh well. I guess it costs something to go to school. I'm glad to see all my friends again and I think how short our time left together is. We only have 1.5 years left. Maybe more if I do the whole study abroad/internship thing, but for most of these guys it's going to be over soon. I have wonderful friends, but they all know that so I won't go on about it.

I crawled into my car twice today. My keys don't work too well and the door was frozen pretty well solid, so I popped the hatch and climbed in. I swear, it's always something with that car. I've been saving up for some weather strips and now I'm going to have to, at the least, get a copy of the keys to get in. I've got to figure out what is wrong with that receiver and stuff. If it's not real girlfriends who let me down, it's my automobile girlfriend. I swear....ugh. I love her though, so I'll fix her up nicely. I've got the money now, for a limited time, no doubt, but it's there. Hm....
one key-$20
two weatherstrips-$160
one new exhaust strip-$50
one new transmitter and remote-$100
one bad, little car that always loves me-priceless
for somethings there are credit cards, for everything else there are sports cars

1 comment:

Keith Fraley said...

I rarely read blogs. Rarely. For some odd reason I have landed on your blog and find your writing compelling. I read one sentence and I want to read more. Your words flow, they are sincere and not threatening. You write of things many people are interested in.

I believe the Lord would have me tell you to continue to write and submit your work for publication. Write about God, cars, football, whatever. Write about something and submit to online or print magazines. God has given you a gift. Check out Relevant Magazine (and my essay about Oxford published in the Career section) and consider writing an essay for it. See the writer's guidelines.

Welcome to my blog!

I'm glad you stopped by. If you're not too busy, take a sit and read a little. If you really feel special, leave me a comment. Even a nice "hello" will work.