Saturday, January 06, 2007

WOOOO

Today was AMAZING! I did really well for the whole day. I did have some good wipeouts but for the most part I tore things up. After lunch it started snowing again and the wind picked up. Libby and I went up on the tallest main lift and there was a frostbite warning and massive winds. MASSIVE! I'm talking I had to push myself off the lift chair. The wind blew me over a few times and I could barely see five feet ahead of myself. It was super fun, though. I don't know why I did so much better today, but I think it had to do with being rested up and showing off for Libby. =)

Yesterday was really fun too. We went to Fort Collins and visited a costume store. We spent an hour or so in there and had a lot of fun. We tried on all the hats and checked out all the nice, dirty jokes there. Next we went to a cool, little brewery. We toured it and headed to another brewery where we ate dinner. I had a nice BBQ brisket and some not-so-good chicken trips. They were 90% batter and 10% chicken. The dip was good though, the beer not so good. After a while there we went to a little place called Average Joe's. They had a cover charge for some girl we'd never heard of, but we did it and she turned out to be really good. One other guy named Josh Dillard played really well and then Tara Leigh Cobble was the main show. All were good.

Today on the way to the slopes I got a bit annoyed. Jason thought it would be funny to honk the horn at people. It got a lot of laughs, but I thought it was kinda annoying. Oh well, it was a little funny, I suppose. Plus Jason pulled out some amazing driving earlier in the trip when some guy cut him off and Jason had to lock up the brakes and then swerve onto the solid ice shoulder. The tail of the car started fishtailing and Jason whipped it back and forth about 5 times before he got complete control again. Impressive.

We're leaving tomorrow sometime early. I'll be spending the night at Vanessa's, I guess. Cory has an ACT on Monday, but after that we'll head home. It's been a real fun trip and I've got a lot of good video footage and a few good pictures. Should be fun to watch later.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I thought you might have been annoyed at the horn thing...cause you never laughed. Hope you enjoy the rest of your break!

Welcome to my blog!

I'm glad you stopped by. If you're not too busy, take a sit and read a little. If you really feel special, leave me a comment. Even a nice "hello" will work.